Friday, January 06, 2006

 
Peter Black on Charles Kennedy. When I was standing at the back of the Charles Kennedy press conference yesterday I noted that a journalist in front of me had written down the names of two politicians at the top of his notebook- Winston Churchill and George Brown. Both of these politicians served at the highest levels of government whilst frequently drunk. It is also the case that the current President of the United States is a recovering alcoholic. The key issue is whether those around them and the electorate at large believe that they are capable and competent enough to do the job they have been elected to do. I agree with him that one of the worst things that could happen would be Charles being chosen again without being elected. If no-one else puts their name forward, Charlie will be still in, but it won't have shown that he has the support of the majority of the party.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?